How to Order a Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter from South Korea
Are you tired of waiting for Tesla Canada to make the CSS Combo 1 adapter available for your Model 3 or Y?
Now, there are 2 ways to get your wish granted.
First, you will need to verify whether your Model 3 or Y are compatible with the Tesla CCS Combo 1.
- go to Software -> Details and check for the line CCS adapter support: Enabled
If you see the message “Not Installed”, you are out of luck. But if you see “Enabled”, you will have support for Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter.
As I mentioned earlier, there are 2 ways to get it now for less than $400, delivered to you.
Option 1 – Buy from Harumio
The first method is the easiest but a bit pricier. it consists of buying it from a third party in Korea called HARUMIO which resells the Tesla OEM CCS Adapter.
Simply visit Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter & CHAdeMO Adapter – Harumio
Option 2 – Buy Direct from Tesla Korea
The second method which is the cheapest and more complex, consist of buying the adapter from Tesla Korea and having it shipped to a company that re-deliver back to your Canadian address.
The steps to complete this process are:
Create an account with the shipping forwarding company called Delivered Korea and set up all your details.
- Go to the Tesla Korea website and order the CCS Combo 1 adapter Have it delivered to the Deliver Korea Address specific to your account.
- Note that “Castle” means Surname, “Nom” is First Name.
- When placing the order at Tesla Korea, entering in the shipping address. I had an issue with my Amex, so be ready to replace your existing payment with a Visa/Mastercard if it is not already defined as such in your Tesla Account.
- Once the order is placed, the South Korean Tesla website will show the order number and state “order completed Unable to check delivery status” as Tesla Korea uses a local delivery service without tracking the order.
- You need to create a “You Buy Order” form or send an email to Delivered Korea that a package from Tesla is coming their way and you don’t have any shipping information as Tesla South Korea does not provide tracking info.
- The package should arrive in 7-12 days at the Delivered Korea address. They will notify you to complete the next step and choose your delivery service to ship your adapter to Canada.
- The best option is to select FedEx from which you will receive a tracking number and receive the Adapter in 3-4 business days.
- Note it is possible that duty/import fees/taxes may be applied once delivered.
That’s it! I hope this helps you enjoy the wide array of CCS Fast Chargers with your Tesla Model 3 and Y.
Let us know down in the comments if you have any questions, reactions, and your own experiences with this experience.
Tesla Korea website wouldn’t take my Amex or Visa. Might a pre-paid Visa card work?
I tried every single credit card from Canada and it doesn’t work. Amex, Visa and MC
Back in June, when I ordered from Tesla Korea, my AMEX didn’t work. I used my MC and it went through. I used my existing Tesla account profile and had to change the delivery address to Korea while keeping my billing address back in Canada and it worked.
Last month, I updated my credit card account in the Tesla Canada account with two different MC. Followed the procedure and used the deliver address @ delivered Korea but my billing was the same as my cdn address. No luck
This was the message “Payment errors
A currency that is not accepted by your payment provider. Please try a different payment method.”
Sounds like your CC company doesn’t allow South Korean won. Please check with your provider.
Which bank mastercard did you use?
Sorry for the delay, it is PC Financial. I’ve been using it internationally for many years without issues.
Check with your MC bank, they may have locked international transactions.