How to Order a Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter from South Korea
Are you tired of waiting for Tesla Canada to make the CSS Combo 1 adapter available for your Model 3 or Y?
Now, there are 2 ways to get your wish granted.
First, you will need to verify whether your Model 3 or Y are compatible with the Tesla CCS Combo 1.
- go to Software -> Details and check for the line CCS adapter support: Enabled
If you see the message “Not Installed”, you are out of luck. But if you see “Enabled”, you will have support for Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter.
As I mentioned earlier, there are 2 ways to get it now for less than $400, delivered to you.
Option 1 – Buy from Harumio
The first method is the easiest but a bit pricier. it consists of buying it from a third party in Korea called HARUMIO which resells the Tesla OEM CCS Adapter.
Option 2 – Buy Direct from Tesla Korea
The second method which is the cheapest and more complex, consist of buying the adapter from Tesla Korea and having it shipped to a company that re-deliver back to your Canadian address.
The steps to complete this process are:
Create an account with the shipping forwarding company called Delivered Korea and set up all your details.
- Go to the Tesla Korea website and order the CCS Combo 1 adapter Have it delivered to the Deliver Korea Address specific to your account.
- Note that “Castle” means Surname, “Nom” is First Name.
- When placing the order at Tesla Korea, entering in the shipping address. I had an issue with my Amex, so be ready to replace your existing payment with a Visa/Mastercard if it is not already defined as such in your Tesla Account.
- Once the order is placed, the South Korean Tesla website will show the order number and state “order completed Unable to check delivery status” as Tesla Korea uses a local delivery service without tracking the order.
- You need to create a “You Buy Order” form or send an email to Delivered Korea that a package from Tesla is coming their way and you don’t have any shipping information as Tesla South Korea does not provide tracking info.
- The package should arrive in 7-12 days at the Delivered Korea address. They will notify you to complete the next step and choose your delivery service to ship your adapter to Canada.
- The best option is to select FedEx from which you will receive a tracking number and receive the Adapter in 3-4 business days.
- Note it is possible that duty/import fees/taxes may be applied once delivered.
That’s it! I hope this helps you enjoy the wide array of CCS Fast Chargers with your Tesla Model 3 and Y.
Let us know down in the comments if you have any questions, reactions, and your own experiences with this experience.